Manager, Quality Engineer ArchitectFull TomeLocation: Syracuse, NY
- Lead responsibility for 2-5 QE resources
- End to End individual platform responsibility for Quality of code changes, technical design, business value and regression
- Ability to work with key business stakeholders and articulate risks, defects, issues etc.
- Experienced in developing automated test frameworks for web/desktop/mobile applications (CI/CD pipelines)
- Automation experience with the front end and backend (UI/API)
- Instilling an automation first mindset within the organization
- Offshore will be heavily leveraged and will require constant touchpoints with team members to assess project health, transition knowledge etc.
- Utilize modernized methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TDD) to deliver software with high business value and quality, while ensuring low production leakage
- Implement institutionalized standards of quality engineering into the team
- Expand Test Automation to improve quality, reduce cycle times and optimize risk
- Will have functional management responsibility for all QE resources
- Work with QE resources to provide innovative solutions and improve Quality throughout the organization
- Communicate the pulse of the project at the executive level with key business stakeholders, IT leaders, and business partners.
- Define, develop and execute automation test scripts for functional, regression, smoke and load testing using Selenium (Java based) independently, then analyze and report results
- Participate in test strategy definition and recommend implementation of improvements in testing methodology
- Mentor and coach QE team members with new tools and technologies
- Collaborate with the engineering and product management teams to deliver high quality software via iterative and periodic sprint releases.
- Coordinate with internal Product Development and vendor partner resources in a global delivery model
- 4+ years of experience in defining, designing and developing solutions using open source tools for test automation
- 4+ years of experience writing Selenium (Java) scripts
- Experience with JMeter, Cucumber, Appium, TestNG, and other automation frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server with ability to write complex queries
- Experience with Continuous Integrations tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI etc.
- Working knowledge of Load and Performance Testing
- Experienced with Git and GitHub
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide solutions
- Solid understanding of the software process including analysis, design, coding, system integration, and user acceptance testing, problem resolution and planning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services
- Understanding and use of Apache JMeter performance tools
- Mobile application testing experience
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Background in Healthcare field desired