Sr Financial Analyst Location:Chicago, IL
- Serve as a technical accounting resource for the Americas region by staying current with new legal and regulatory requirements.
- Incorporate rule changes into companys existing accounting policies.
- Research complex financial transactions and address those transactions with companyâ??s external auditors.
- Document and present the results of financial and accounting research.
- Analyze the Regions financial results, maintain and improve financial analysis tools and models to proactively identify variances requiring further research during the month-end close, as well as summarize and report key findings.
- Perform due diligence on M&A Transactions.
- Assist in ongoing financial and accounting system implementations and upgrades.
- Utilize the following skills: implementing accounting rule changes to existing accounting policies; working with ASC 805,
- US GAAP Purchase Accounting Requirements; using accounting search tools to research technical accounting matters; using Microsoft Excel and working with large volumes of financial data; reporting key findings of financial analysis; and conducting both GAAS financial statement audits and SOX compliance audits.
- Bachelors degree, or foreign equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or a related field and 4 years of Big 4 Audit and Real Estate Industry audit experience.