Sr Programmer Analyst-JAVA (Remote or Hybrid position)
The Sr. Programmer Analyst - JAVA position is responsible for leading the development team on efforts affecting multiple systems which includes designing, coding, implementing and maintaining the following systems: Our external websites, and configuration tools our business partners use to run the day-to-day business. Work closely with the business community to understand the business processes and needs / requirements of business clients. Develop, analyze, and document changes required in the IT systems to fulfill requirements submitted by the users/business partners.
- Act as consultant to Client business units by providing solutions to complex business issues through:
- Research, development and implementation of cutting-edge technical solutions.
- Performing due diligence with internal customers.
- Recommending Business System functionality.
- Assisting in developing business requirements.
- Assisting in developing Business Cases.
- Serve as task manager working with users, programmers and other client functional areas in development and installation of projects. These can be complex projects implemented across one or more platforms.
- Participate with team members in priority planning: estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects.
- Implement complex projects through:
- Creating and interpreting complex design documents independently and explaining to team members as necessary.
- Design unit test plans to thoroughly test all enhancements.
- Conduct code and design walk throughs.
- Review unit test output from others.
- Set up and execute system test.
- Assist in functional area systems issues cause determination and resolution.
- Write code independently.
- Understand generally accepted analysis and design techniques.
- Must become proficient in the daily operations.
- Strong knowledge of application development/maintenance for on-line and batch programming.
- Knowledge of different modes of communication (e.g. FTP, JDBC, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Java EE technologies (ranging from EJB to JSP), HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of SQL or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle DB (10g or higher preferred)
- Expert knowledge of dump analysis techniques.
- Expert in testing techniques and knows all testing requirements of systems supported.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with customers, clients and other departments to respond to requests both in written and verbal form.
- Must possess communication skills that will help in determining customer’s exact needs and in disseminating that information to appropriate personnel.
- Minimum of five years experience using Java, FTP, SQL, Visio, Excel in an eCommerce environment
- Minimum two years experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market.
- Minimum two years experience working with 3rdparty integrations such as Paypal, Coremetrics, BazaarVoice, Adobe Omniture, etc.
- Spring framework and Hibernate experience preferred.