ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- During Clinical time, the Lead Physician of Special Populations will be responsible for providing medical services and the health supervision and maintenance of the patients receiving services at the Homeless and HIV clinics. Included are the diagnosis, treatment, and the clinical management of acute illnesses and chronic conditions within these populations.
- The Lead Physician may supervise the care given by Nurse Practitioners and other team members in these departments.
- During Administrative time, under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Lead Physician of Special Populations acts as the point person for staff regarding medical services all medical issues.
- This role also serves as a conduit between the HIV/Homeless services to the Senior Management Team and the Quality Management Committee.
- In this role is included the review of medical Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement, the development of the health care plan, of new clinical policies and procedures, the proper integration of medical care in the multidisciplinary model, and the representation of the medical component of the clinic in regional and national venues.
- The Special Populations Clinical Chief, in collaboration with the CMO, develops and implements the vision for enhancing the systems of care that support improved health outcomes for patients with complex needs.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- EducationValid California Medical License and current DEA license.
- ExperienceBoard certified or Board eligible and residency training in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- 2 Years practice experience preferredSoftwareProficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Preferred Experience with Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Confidential and Sensitive InformationKnowledge of and sensitivity to working with diverse cultures/communities.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with patient records and personal information.
Clinical and supervisory/administrative skills are necessary.
Board Certified or Board Eligible.
2 years of experience preferred.
Need to be proficient in Microsoft applications and EMR.