Sr. Network Engineer Location: Surrey, Canada
As the Sr. Network Engineer you'll be responsible for researching, designing, recommending and implementing the core and edge production network infrastructure which underlies the transmission of all data from all wired and wireless IP devices (i.e. PCs, Phones, Servers, ATMs, etc) across all buildings in the Enterprise, to the Internet and with business partners while striking the right balance between performance, budget, scalability, resilience, security and business time-lines. You will also play the role of being the highest tier of technical escalation for network support issues; collaborate on a daily basis with other IT teams to deliver on new projects; stay up to date with new technology developments; communicate with external resources of business partners and vendors; trains and mentors peers as required and at any time able to translate complex technical information into business language that can be actioned upon by IT management. While this position is staffed during office hours, the need to deliver network changes and repairs outside of normal hours means flexibility to work shifts will be required.
What You Get To Do
- Effectively document our network architecture and topology.
- Provide expert advice to other initiatives relying on network services.
- Lead problem resolution and provide service improvement recommendations.
- Responsible to lead million dollar network upgrade projects.
- Play a leadership role.
- Provide required documentation.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by working efficiently, professionally, and in a friendly manner.
- Be flexible in working any shift as required.
- Assist others and actively participate in other duties or projects as assigned.
- Share ideas and opinions to improve our processes and efficiencies.
- Ensure all third-parties (consultants, service providers, equipment vendors) are performing and delivering value
Who are we looking for?
- 7 years of experience with a wide range of Cisco routers & switches
- 7 years of proven network troubleshooting skills at engineering level
- 5 years in design/engineering of 25+ site networks
- 5 years of Data Center planning, wiring & maintenance experience
- 3 years in defining and implementing Enterprise-wide network standards
- 3 years using Visio to document complex network topologies
- 3 years of training & mentoring skills
- Bachelor\'s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
- Routing & Switching skills at CCIE level (BGP, OSPF, RIP, PVST,HSRP,etc)
- Proven experience in VoIP
- Cisco QoS experience (CCNP level or equivalent)
- CCNP level security experience (i.e. VPN, IDS/IPS, Firewalls)
- Linux Server administration experience
- Experience in troubleshooting: DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPNs, LACP, SSL, NAT/PAT, ADSL/Cable Modems, copper/fiber wiring issues
- Superior understanding of network monitoring & performance technologies
- Strong understanding of Telco transport technologies (SONET, ATM, MPLS)
- Strong understanding of traditional Telephony technologies (PBX, PRIs)
- CCNP and/or CCIE level certifications
- Skilled in Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Multi-year experience in working as an Enterprise technical project lead. .
- Strong project management and task organization skills.
- Experience in budgeting, capacity planning, presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with third-party providers.
- Organized self starter who is detail oriented and exercises good judgement.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently when necessary.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.