Sr. Network Administrator - Deerfield, IL Hybrid
Full Time only
100,000 - 200,000
- Evaluates, maintains, and enforces network security strategy and best practices which include defining and implementing policies and standards; processes and controls; and compliance and risk management to ensure a viable security solution is in place.
- Maintains policy exception and access approval processes; and assists with network documentation and diagrams. Installs, configures, evaluates and supports security related tools and technologies.
- Works with engineering groups to ensure security solutions interact well with control systems.
- Monitors and reacts to security events and suspicious activities as detected by tools and process or other means.
- Defines and participates in Incident Response planning, testing, and preparation.
- Assesses and reviews current technology infrastructure to identify and prioritize potential risk areas; and implements new controls to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Contributes to effective security awareness training programs.
- Conducts regular internal application and network penetration tests; participates in annual 3rd party tests and scans; and documents and tracks associated remediation plans.
- Assists with security reviews of 3rd party providers for compliance with company policy; and with remediation and verifies completeness as necessary.
- Stays current with emerging security threats and prevention/monitoring tools.
- Works closely with other IT teams and locations to verify overall network security solutions; ensures compliance; and assists with support and learning to enable a level of independence.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.Successful Incumbents Will Have
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of practical experience in information security and administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT server/network administration and computer operations
- Extensive knowledge of data security and access control systems, encryption and related matters.
- Extensive knowledge of information protection methodologies and concepts, such as identification and authentication, access control, inception and audit trails.
- Knowledge of system and network exploitation, attack pathologies and intrusion techniques, such as denial of services, Sync attack, malicious code, password cracking, etc.
- Knowledge of Directory Services (LDAP, AD) and Internet/Intranet architecture and design.
- Extensive knowledge of addressing and remediating malware security incidents
- Network administration and/or disaster recovery experience a plus CCNA Security certification or equivalent working experience highly desirable Industry certifications (i.e. CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, ITIL, MCSE) or demonstrated work experience are highly desirable Willingness to travel to CF plant locations
- Customer Service oriented Excellent communication and analytical skills
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the overall network security practices across the company.