As a Senior Programmer/Analyst – SAP Hana based in Morgan Hill, CA, you will have responsibility for representing and guiding our development team setting the pace, path, and standards for all programming activities. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will work closely with the IT Director and Business Systems Analysts to ensure projects meet specified requirements, timelines and budgets. This position will report directly to the IT Director. This position performs advanced (senior-level) computer programming work in the EDW system. Work involves senior level analysis, coordinating EDW programming work efforts; analyzing proposed EDW applications and solutions; and providing expert technical assistance and direction. Will work closely with a range of internal IT and business teams from sales, finance, manufacturing, operations, system and storage administration, database, networking, security and offshore development. May review and give feedback on the technical work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Hands on execution of tasks including business system analysis, scope creation, design the solution, generate technical specifications, develop solution, provide internal unit test.
· Maintains and enhances the existing EDW system and its custom applications.
· Researches, designs and implements technical specifications for projects based on user requirements as indicated in scope of work and process flows.
· Establishes and monitors adherence to development methodologies and standards within the department. ERP, CRM, BI, Web, etc...
· Recommends improvements to reduce support issues and improve system performance and stability.
· Evaluates options and trends, drive and enforce quality by using technical and business knowledge.
· Reviews technical designs for all major projects and mentors' staff from a technical standpoint.
· Conducts technical code reviews and provides technical assistance to team members.
· Reviews business requirements and approves technical specifications requirements for all coding changes to software produced by team members and users before coding begins.
· Makes recommendations for new technical solutions or modifications that may improve accuracy and efficiency to meet user needs and improve business processes.
· Functions as a technical subject matter expert resource for other developers and analysts.
· Reviews and approves technical documentation of other team members and outside consultants.
· Aids team members and business analysts in the review of unit system testing plans and test scripts and supports the thorough testing of all software customizations, bolt-ons, and interfaces to facilitate user acceptance testing.
· Reviews the compliancy of established processes and procedures for EDW design and coding standards for all development efforts.
· Provides technical application support in accordance with SLAs established for services provided.
· Acts as resource to assist with problem tickets related to production issues, investigates issues, determines correct remedial action, or assigns to appropriate team member for remediation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Science or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 10 years of experience working through the design, development, migrations and deployment of projects in EDW system.
· The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and 5 years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
o Thorough knowledge of the methods and equipment used in information technology, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
o Strong skill in developing programs for computer applications.
o Strong skill in analyzing and solving technology and computing problems.
o Preferred Qualifications
· The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
o Extensive programming expertise with SAP S/4HANA Embedded BI.
o Extensive expertise providing technical direction/guidance for enhancements/modification.
o Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing, Service, Finance and Sales business processes.
· Experienced senior lead role as EDW Consulting Practitioner or Functional Engineer/Analyst level role in various EDW functional areas.
· Technical experience with code development, testing and management systems.
o SAP S4 experience in various modules like FICO, MM, PP, SD/OTC, Inventory, Service Management
o Familiar with SAP tables in S4
o Ability to work with the business to flush out analytic and reporting requirements
o Develop detail specifications for the development team to build out efficient data models for the front-end consumption
o Excellent communication skills
o Self-Drive – need to be able to work independently
o SAP Hana Cloud XSA development experience
o Git integration with SAP Hana Cloud (publishing to Git, Git Best Practices, branch merging)
o SAP Web IDE and/or Business Application Studio
o SAP Hana Calculation views
o SQL and SQL Procedures
o SAP Hana performance, design and troubleshooting
o Creating SAP Hana XSA artifacts like hdbtables, hdbprocedures, hdbfunctions
o SAP BTP in relation to SAP Hana XSA (publishing to the Cloud and troubleshooting cloud issues)
o Cross Container Access
o SAP Hana XSA Security
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent coaching skills to assist with coaching developers and analysts.
· Advanced analytical, troubleshooting and technical issue resolution skills.
· Takes initiative for learning new high-level technical skills.
· Excellent skill in follow through to completion on projects.