Network Administrator Loc: St. Louis, MO
- Monitors & maintains performance of the company electronic mail system through quality and spot checks of performance.
- Responsible for assuring e-mail and ensuring that all its subsystems are delivering and receiving 99% of the time. Recommends time frames for message retention and archive destruction.
- Assist System Administrator to install and customize WAN/LAN instruments to allow personal computers to retrieve information from network servers and allow data to be entered from PC.
- Recommends, schedules & performs repairs for the Network.
- Prepares documentation related to standards for proper use of the system.
- Prepares on-line training materials for employees.
- Provides end users support for all network based applications.
- Explores advantages/limitations of Internet involvement and recommends company position to supervisor.
- Analyzes workload, including traffic and utilization trends.
- Monitors appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm and viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data. Responsible for assuring that all network servers and all associated PC in computer room are up and running 99% of the time.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new hardware and software to provide intelligible arguments and discussions for the future electronic welfare of the company.
- Plans and accomplished goals in a time and cost effective manner.
- Performs a variety of tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Responsible for all systems administration duties in the absence of theSystems Administrator.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the network and all connected PC within the St. Louis office.
- Provide technical support for traveling personnel.
- Provide global technical support for the help desk.
- Responsible for the configuration, administration and user support for the Virtual Private Network, which provides offline users access to the network.
- Share responsibility for the configuration and administration of all security services such as anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spyware, WSUS, Websense and Internet Intrusion Protection.
- Share responsibility for the configuration and administration of the Windows Domain Controller that controls user rights, printers, group policies, DNS and access to the data on the Windows network.
- Share responsibility for the configuration and administration of all data servers.
- Share responsibility for the configuration and administration of thefirewall, which is the first level of security protection to our network.
- Share responsibility for the configuration and administration of the E-mail system, which provides e-mail for the entire company. Specific duties vary depending on the job holderÃƒÂ¢??s location