Duration: 1 Year+
Years ofExperience: 5+ years experience
Preferred MinimumEducation: Bachelor’s level degree
TravelRequirements: On occasion (Less than 5%)
Requires excellentverbal and written communication skills.
· Monitorand manage the 24x7 operation of multiple high volumes Client web sites toensure highest stability, availability and customer experience.
· Participatein 24x7 on-call Systems support rotation.
· Planand perform hardware and software upgrades, preventative maintenance, highavailability, disaster recovery failover and deployments (firewall, router, switches,load balancers). Coordinate with vendors,development, business partners and escalation support teams as needed, all tofollow the approval and change managementprocesses.
· Utilizethird-party and custom monitoring tools to monitor, test and proactivelyidentify problems with network and systems and applications using thosenetworks; provide reports and action plans to resolve issues, and implementthose plans.
· Performdetailed, post event analysis of unusual or suspicious incidents, and directneeded procedure or process changes in response(firewall, router, switches,load balancers).
· Maintainregular backup of firewall and network devices, and perform recovery operationsas needed.
· Workclosely with other members of the Engineering Department to ensure that networkissues and project milestones are met in a timely manner.
. Bachelor’sdegree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+years of network experience in an enterprise environment with hands-ontechnical knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls, routers and switches.
· Experiencewith Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Catalyst6500, 4900, ASA, ASR.
· Experiencewith network capacity planning, network security principles, and generalnetwork management best practices.
· Advancedknowledge of WAN, LAN protocols.
· Recentexperience with designing, deploying, and operating F5 LTM/GTM products.
· Abilityto conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
· Experiencewith Linux/Unix and other open source software.
· Scriptingabilities and Unix tools to automate administration, such as python and Ansible, also especially desired.