Senior Big Data Engineer Location: Vancouver, CA
- Collaborate with leaders in Product and Engineering to deliver new product concepts to help us to achieve our company objectives.
- Conduct research and technical experiments to evaluate both the viability and feasibility of new product ideas.
- Build and test viable prototypes that, if proven to be successful, will be fully productionized and integrated to the core product.
- A technical innovator with experience developing large-scale product and design visions
- A seasoned data engineer with a proven track record for building well-architected data models on big data platforms
- Has the ability to think broadly, but at the same time bring simplicity to complex problems
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years in software development, with multiple examples of working with big data platforms (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Excellent grasp of data modeling techniques, data warehousing and relational as well as non-relational data stores
- Proficiency in Python and SQL Hands-on experience with machine learning is a huge asset