Senior Microsoft 365 Solutions Engineer, Lansing, MI / Nashville, TN Full time
The Sr. Digital Workforce Engineer will be responsible for aligning collaboration technologies with business strategies to support associate productivity. This role will develop roadmaps for capabilities available in Microsoft 365 and other leading digital collaboration platforms in accordance with financial industry regulations. The engineer will work closely with business users, architecture, security and compliance to drive adoption of new capabilities to support digital collaboration for associates working in corporate offices and from home.
- Designs and engineers solutions that align to architecture patterns and security guidelines for data, compute and technology platforms, meeting business needs while evaluating tradeoffs between cost, performance, maintainability, and scalability.
- Works in partnership with business product owners, and DevSecOps to design, engineer and deliver mature scalable and robust business capabilities.
- Collaborates with IT architecture and IT operations to identify and implement optimal engineering solutions for the company.
- Leads engineering and planning initiatives related to capabilities, future roadmaps, operations, and strategic planning.
- Designs and engineers business and technology innovation that drives the organisation’s top and bottom lines.
- Stays current with industry trends, making recommendations of new technologies that deliver strategic business value and reduce costs.
- Designs and engineers architecture solutions that maximise reuse and are efficient, maintainable, scalable, stable, highly available, portable, secure, and implemented correctly.
- Strong communication competency across all levels of stakeholders, providing engineering guidance and insight into best practices and guardrails.
- Follows and enforces organisational policies and goals for IT security, change management, and operational risk.
- Contextualises information for the correct audience level into clear and concise materials with thoughtful attention to detail and quality.
- Provides engineering consulting services within domain to help achieve desired business and operational outcomes across Client.
- Designs and engineers the service management processes for maintaining the technology platforms in production.
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of Client processes and procedures across various departments and ensures that proper controls are put in place.
- Promotes quality by performing code reviews, developing and enforcing coding standards, recognising system deficiencies, and implementing effective solutions coaching other team members in this domain.
- Actively seeks and participates in personal and team development opportunities and maintains knowledge in this domain.
- Develops roadmaps, governance, and adoption plans for emerging collaboration technologies.
- Derives maximum business value from capabilities available through Microsoft 365 and other cloud collaboration platforms.
- Works with business users and leaders to align legacy processes to digital collaboration capabilities.
- Creates organisation wide standards for digital collaboration platforms.
- Conducts proof of technology evaluations and pilots with business users.
- May provide training to users on new/updated systems
- Provides trending and related support for production issues as needed
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Mentors junior engineers on practices within Client
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of industry standards, emerging technologies; and security and system best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation creation and delivery.
- Experience with the Microsoft Cloud ecosystem.
- Demonstrated scripting skills in a system automation language
- Strong organisational skills; ability to guide task prioritisation to meet project deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build high performance teams, influencing across all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to learn and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Client’s business and technology.
- Demonstrated record of successful, complex project completion with minimal supervision including skills in design, requirement gathering, project planning, prioritisation, coordination, multi-tasking, and problem solving.
- High level understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including Lean, Agile, and/or SAFe.
- Ability to explain and communicate technical concepts clearly to a Senior level audience.
- Ability to conduct gap analysis and identify possible solutions for continuous improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent education or experience required.
- 5+ years experience at the engineering level or above supporting Microsoft 365 in a medium to large enterprise required.
- 8+ years experience in corporate IT or consulting preferred.
- Financial services experience and professional insurance designations preferred.