Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducts general engineering and design of electronic systems on Small UAVs.
- Works with avionics, embedded systems, RFPCB layout and links.
- Performs RF circuit, antenna design and analysis tasks.
- Documents designs with engineering drawings and written descriptions.
- Writes fabrication and test procedures.
- Trouble-shoots complex systems from a hardware and software perspective.
- Writes software to support integration of sensors and embedded processors.
- Supports flight test operations, some travel may be required.
- Performs design engineering using electronic software.
- Performs performance analysis of designs.
- Performs electronic engineering support activities on R&D projects
Required Qualifications And Background
- Requires B.S. in Electrical Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience in R&D projects, Aerospace experience desired.
- Experience in one or more areas: Analog, RF, FPGA, embedded control.
- Familiarity with RF PCB design process a plus, experience with Altium a plus.
- Familiarity with HDL programming a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot complex systems.
- General Engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics, material properties.
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus, hands-on experience with tools a plus.
- Familiarity with Small UAV subsystems and associated software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Leadership experience - Team Player.
- Familiarity with software tools in their area of expertise.
- Familiarity with office software and computer based productivity tools.