Principal Electrical System Engineer Loc: Westminster, CO Multiple and Long Term or FT
Principal Electrical System Engineer (TS/SCI Required)
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership for multidisciplinary system team (optical, mechanical, focal plane, thermal, RF, software) including suppliers to create, influence and define discriminating electronics solutions to complex customer needs
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of space-based electronics systems for spacecraft, payload, and components.
- Compose objective, quantifiable trade studies incorporating heritage system designs as well as new technologies and supplier capabilities to guide critical architectural decisions affecting the performance of other systems and subsystems
- System level modeling and simulation, analysis, trades, risk assessment, requirements derivation, allocation and flow down.
- Maintain end-to-end electrical compatibility, functional allocations and margins across entire system
- Lead resolution of hardware anomalies at the system level and determine root cause and corrective action.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks early in the design phase.
- Clearly capture requirements, analysis, trades, error budgets, and margins and present analysis, findings, and design to peers, internal management, and customers throughout program phases (Proposal, IBR, SRR, PDR, CDR, IV&V).
- Mentor junior engineers in mission understanding, electrical subsystem technologies and concepts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making (related to cost, schedule, technical and risk), and closure skills (dedication to close open items/issues) to ensure mission success
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
- Track record of creating and delivering space-based electronics systems and subsystems
- Knowledge of interface and design documentation, such as functional block diagrams, PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
- Experience with electrical design integration, cable & harness design, and/or command & telemetry database development background
- Experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate complex concepts to widely varying audiences.