Electrical Systems Engineer Location: Michigan, MI, US
we're looking for:
- Develop electrical system architecture
- Create functional allocations of electrical systems and sub-systems within a vehicle architecture.
- Create & maintain device, communication and voltage topologies and requirements.
- Collaborate with BIW and Interior teams for system implementation and integration.
- Collaborate with peripheral System Engineer(s) to define connector terminals and seals, regarding gauge size, plating requirements, etc.
- Create a 3D CAD Library Part system w/ ports, approved retainers, connectors, GND terminals, coverings, and provisionals, also including the 2D drawing as well.
- Perform simulation, analysis and testing functions to verify voltages, current flows, and failure modes (e.g. sneak paths, missing circuit functionality, etc) and various harness components.
- Identify, gather and submit Individual and Full Load Survey Requirements.
- Create Change Request Documentation Based on DFM Concerns/Issues and follow up appropriately with issue resolution.
- Submit Vehicle Level systems test results in accordance with Test Requirements.
- Tools You Will Have Experience With
- Electrical & Circuit schematic tools
- BUS communication protocols (CAN, Modbus)
- Serial network protocols (LIN, RSx, etc)
- Minimum Bachelor\'s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) and 5 yrs relevant industry
- Education with the following specialties preferred: Mechanical, Mechanical Technology, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing.