Loc:West Chester, PA
Need someone who has experience in power electronics (controllers and drives)
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Design and development of new and advanced miniature motor drive systems from concept to production in a cross functional engineering environment
- Support manufacturing staff with troubleshooting and provide feedback on quality related topics.
- Work closely with Customers, Operations, Business Development, or Product Managers to gather design inputs from various sources and translate input into engineering requirements
- Develop and integrate innovative technologies that extend the performance and capabilities of our product portfolio
- Support internal and external customer product engineering requests
- The candidate will possess the following personal traits and characteristics:
- Highly self-motivated
- A strategic thinker; creative, inquisitive, and analytical
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and focus on critical assignments
- Comfortable working alone and with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Fluent English, oral and written
- Available to travel up to 10%
- The Candidate Will Possess The Following Education Or Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in design and manufacturing environment. Experience in a related field highly preferred.
- Familiarity with motors required. Experience with DC and AC motors including control, testing, specifications and applications is preferred.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent â?? advanced degree preferred
- Experience incorporating customer requirements into technical proposals / designs is preferred.
- Ability to read and create electrical schematics and readily use component data sheets is required
- Hands-on experience with electrical and mechanical test equipment such as signal generators, DVM, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, tension/torsion testers, thermal chambers and vibration monitoring is required
- Experience troubleshooting electronics or electrical assemblies is required
- Experience with Magtrol motor test equipment or similar dynamometer systems is preferred
- Experience working directly with customers or external manufacturers is preferred