IT Business Analyst, Accounting and Finance Loc: White Plains, NY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for business analysis and production support functions for custom billing statement application, MAS500 Accounts Receivable, Intacct Financials (GL, AP, Cash Management), and the associated integrations of those systems.
- Participate in both SDLC and Agile projects, from the beginning of requirements definition to the deployment of the solution to production.
- Participate in cross-functional project design meetings to understand the impact of changes being developed.
- Document current and future state processes for supported systems.
- Lead working sessions to define and refine business requirements.
- Document business requirements/user stories for enhancements and projects.
- Work with business users to review requirements and obtain signoff.
- Develop and document use and test cases that will sufficiently test the systems and reproduce real-life end-user behavior.
- Perform quality assurance testing for projects, enhancements, and production issues.
- Document bugs and process issues found during testing.
- Clearly communicate requirements, bugs, and production issues to both internal and external development teams. Follow up on progress and ensure completion of vendor assignments.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing for small projects, enhancements, and production issues.
- Provide production support for custom billing statement application, MAS500 Accounts Receivable, and Intacct Financials (GL, AP, Cash Management).
Required Technical Experience
- 3+ years of related work experience in a business analysis role, preferably in a consulting-type environment. â??Big 4â? firm desired but not required.
- Experience testing web-based and client/server applications.
- Previous experience with defect tracking systems and general knowledge of defect processing and control.
- Knowledge of Rally or other agile software solutions a plus
- Working knowledge of database technologies. Experience writing basic T-SQL queries to validate data integrity of back end databases (SQL, Oracle).
- Solid experience in creating test cases from user stories and both formal and informal requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred, including basic scripting.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good understanding of accounting and finance business processes in a P&C insurance environment, especially billing and accounts receivable.
- Confident, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Displays empathy, creativity, and an urgency to be exceptional
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to develop strong relationships with Accounting and Finance users; desire to be the one who is there when needed the most
- Wants to do what is right, not what is easy
- Is eager to develop new skills and enhance expertise
- Strong analytical capabilities with a curiosity for finding the answers to questions
- Can proactively manage tasks and issues, and escalate issues as appropriate
- Can balance multiple projects simultaneously and accurately set client/team expectations
- Understanding of P&C business processes (product and pricing development, underwriting process, policy administration, claims administration, billing)
- Bachelora??s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, business administration, or related field.