COBOL / Mainframe Developer Dur: 6M+ Rate: Open Location: Glenview, IL
: COBOL / Mainframe Developer
: Glenview, IL
Duration: 6 weeks
- The Application programmer will be responsible for working with business analysts and the team members to develop new financial applications/enhancements.
- This includes development, testing, code documentation, and production installation.
- The candidate will perform maintenance and modification of the existing systems.
- Work on troubleshooting problems as well as recommend / implement effective solution.
- The candidate must have the minimum of 3-5 years programming experience with Mainframe/COBOL.
- Experience working on systems with DB2 / SQL.MVS and JCL.TSO / ISPF.
- The candidate should have strong written/verbal skills and can communicate clearly with team members and managements.Strong attention to details and good troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to work independently.Experience integrating with Open systems via service Preferred
- Familiarity with INSYNC, Xpeditor, CICS, SDSF, and SCLM
- Experience writing technical specifications.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle process.
- Experience in at least one of the Object Oriented programming languages.