Provides Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) support to applications supported by assigned department. Works with Application Teams, Team Leads and other Database Administrators to design and specify RDBMS solutions based on standard offerings to support development of new or enhancements of existing applications. Serves as principal RDBMS solution designer for small to large/complex (size/risk) application projects, including business critical applications, using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for RDBMS-related initiatives, discretionary projects, compliance/regulatory requirements and system changes for Application Database Services (ADBS) supported applications and department-wide initiatives.
Education And Experience Required
- Associate??s degree and 6 yearsâ?? RDBMS experience, or
- in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 yearsâ?? higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years?? RDBMS experience
- Education And Experience Preferred
- Bachelorâ??s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of practical experience working with various Microsoft SQL Server platforms, with a majority of experience working with SQL Server 2012 and higher
- Working knowledge of basic networks, storage and services in relation to SQL Server.
- Ability to communicate technical as well as non-technical information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of available recovery options including AlwaysOn.
- Knowledge and experience in SQL Server Database Administration, at least 5 years professional experience as an SQL Server Database administrator
- Knowledge and experience authoring SQL scripts as well as scripting languages such as PowerShell and VBScript.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server performance tuning and benchmarking
- Experienced with triaging complex production issues
- Previous experience with financial systems preferred
- Data modeling a plus as is familiarity with NOSQL Database configuration and other open source database technologies.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- The job holder works under supervision of a Technology Manager.
- Responsibilities of the position may include problem resolution, systems development and day-to-day activities.
- This position assumes responsibility for contributing to the growth and development of less experienced personnel.
- The position delivers small group training/brown bag to increase team proficiency and technical development and provides backup to more experienced personnel as required.
The job holder may be called upon to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
The position interacts on a regular basis with technology staff (which may include application teams, leadership, and vendors).
Audit of current server and database installations and response to and remediation of audit and vulnerability findings.
Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required