Sr. SQL Business Intelligence Developer Location:- Seattle, WA Dur: 6 m Rate: Open
Sr. SQL Business Intelligence Developer
Dur: 6 M
MANAGER's Comments: Good experience in Azure Cloud and Power BI analytics is KEY to success in this position.
looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
- Help develop and implement our global data and reporting strategy.
- Maintain administrative responsibilities over our data warehouse and reporting technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in data architecture and business analysis; analytical in nature and an posses excellent communication skills.
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Helps design and maintain global data warehouse architecture, data ingress and egress processes
- Ensure data and reporting governance is executed
- Streamlining the client reporting process from request to production, maximizing value
- Develop and maintain reports and visualizations using current toolsets, such as: PowerBI, OTBI
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy, Power BI, OTBI)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct user acceptance testing and troubleshooting
- Design and Develop Databases in SQL Azure Cloud environment
- Build Pipelines in Azure Data lake and Data Facotry
- Design and Build Big Data Environment , Hadoop , Hive and Cosmos.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams and conduct system integrations
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
Education and Experience
- Proven experience as a BI Manager, BI Developer or BI Analyst
- Pharmaceutical and/or Med Tech industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation. Must enjoy working with users.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience using agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand root cause
- Ability to develop requirements for reporting based on user input and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation.
- Must enjoy working with users.