Director of Nursing - Senior Care Center, Location: Gunnison, CO 13 weeks contract
To be seriously considered for this position, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in management and supervisory roles within the field of long term care nursing.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse.
- Skills –
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with employees, physicians, administration and other department managers.
- Exemplify high standards of service excellence skills in behavior towards residents, families, visitors, employees and other department managers.
- The flexibility to adjust tasks while meeting customer needs.
- Knowledge of nursing practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions.
As the Director of Nursing at Senior Care Center, you will be responsible for directing the overall operations of the Nursing Department in accordance with Federal, State, and local standards. Overseeing a multi-talented team comprised of C.N.A.s, LPN’s and RN’s, you’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Nursing Department as well as its activities and programs.
- Developing methods of coordination of nursing services with other resident series to ensure continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Seeking out new methods and principals and willingness to incorporate them into existing department practices.
- Reviewing nurse notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the residents’ response to the care.
- Developing and participating in the planning, coordinating and scheduling of in-service training programs.