The Analytics department leverages analytics techniques across organization to drive strategic decisions and operational actions to improve customer experiences, increase revenues and decrease costs.
The Data Science and Analytics function provides organization with analytical capabilities to drive strategic decisions and operational actions. Some of these capabilities include: supervised machine learning, advanced statistical capabilities, experimental design, optimization, analytical analysis and automated reporting. Additionally the role will provide analytical leadership across organization through actions such as: increasing the awareness of how to more fully leverage analytics in operations and strategic decisions and instilling a pervasive test and learn culture.
The Director of Data Science and Analytics will develop and lead a multidisciplinary team to drive decisions using analytics, set up frameworks for decisioning and continuous a/b testing and results measurement across the organization. The role will also work closely with IT to create an analytical environment that will support enterprise scale data and analytics.
- Lead the development of supervised learning models, insights, analysis and algorithms to support various operational and strategic areas such as: direct marketing, contact centre, client behavioural modeling.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through a/b and multivariate testing, optimization, experimentation and reintegration of learning back into the processes.
- Identify and utilize new analytic opportunities and approaches to drive improved customer experience, increased revenues and reduced costs.
- Manage key cross-functional relationships and build partnerships within the organization (e.g. Product, Finance, Service and Sales), as required.
- Responsible for the analytics components of model productionalization within the analytics environment.
- Ensure organization remains in compliance and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities directly related to the Analytics function.
- Work with IT to create an analytical environment that supports data science and analytics requirements, scales with the enterprise and can leverage organization and external data.
- Lead, coach and develop teams, bringing energy and passion for the business.
- Conduct performance assessments with reports at least semi-annually.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience using quantitative analysis and statistical/mathematical methodology
- 5+ years of lending experience in an advanced analytical leadership role with a focus on leveraging data, advanced analytic methodologies and appropriate statistical tools to deliver actionable insights and drive business results