OurMedical Director is responsible for directing, assessing, planning, andmonitoring all medical services and staff for the facility; assuring that allmedical assessments and care of residents are performed; providing consultationand referrals to and from other community medical staff; and serving as theprimary care physician for all residents.
Whatyou bring to the table
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school. Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Medical Director in an acute or residential inpatient setting.
- Four (4) years post residency clinical experience in an acute inpatient setting, psychiatric and correctional health experience preferred.
- Must maintain a current copy of licensure and certifications on file in the facility at all times.
- Skilled in organization, supervision, and state-of-the-art treatment interventions.
- High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others.
- Ability to communicate well verbally. Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Must have and maintain a current and in good standing license with the State of South Carolina.
- Must also have and maintain a DEA and DPS certificate of registration.
Whatyou will do
- Directs the overall staff functions and policies for medical, psychiatric, dental, and laboratory functions at the facility and meets with facility executive management team for purposes of healthcare program evaluation and planning.
- Ensures compliance with state statutes, contractual obligations, accrediting bodies and The Company internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures effective management of all case reviews and chart audits according to organizational and National Treatment Guidelines standards and guidelines.
- Directs and manages the overall medical care for the facility and serves as chairperson on a variety of committees as they impact the facility’s health care services. Actively participates in the Admission Treatment Planning program.
- Available to be On-call by phone, 24/7.
- Co-signs all voice and telephone orders given by approved providers.
- May conduct minor surgical procedures including, but not limited to, sutures, incisions and drainages, IV placements, proctoscopies, and superficial needle aspirations.
- Routinely reviews and reevaluates residents requiring ongoing medical and consultative services and coordinates treatment planning in those cases.
- Initiates and maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures. Reviews all facility-specific medical health care policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance with National Commission on Correctional Health Care standards. Chairs healthcare staff meetings, and attends continuous quality improvement meetings, infection control meetings, and other meetings as requested by the Facility Administrator.
- In coordination with the Facility Administrator, designates continuing care facilities (to include hospitals) and specialty (consultative) physicians and makes referrals to these facilities or individuals as medically necessary.
- Actively participates in utilization management initiatives, to include compliance with the hospital pharmaceutical formulary and non-emergency specialty consultative referral process.
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpathis an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Ourinvestment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts