Regional Sales Director for SAP - Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
The SAP Regional Sales Director is an individual contributor role with an annual quota. You will be responsible for pipeline development, sales strategy and execution leading to sales of SAP-related services (Consulting and Managed Services) related to ERP and Supply Chain. They ensure achievement of strategic revenue objectives for an assigned market segment (SAP ERP/Supply Chain) and Geographic territory within North America.
The Regional Sales Director??s primary role is to generate, qualify, and close new business for the company with a mix of existing and new clients. This role requires effective communication with appropriate client executives to understand their needs and deliver compelling and effective sales proposals, working in concert with the Service Delivery Pursuit Team.
- Successful Regional Sales Director??s have at least ten years of professional services and/or SAP sales experience. They operate comfortably with senior executives, work well independently, and have an entrepreneurial bent, allowing them to move fluidly from business development/marketing activities to closing large, transformational deals.
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 50% - Drives the sales pursuit process. Develops new business from customers and expands business with existing client relationships. Sees that sales strategies/plans are consistent with company\'s long-range strategic objectives.
- 40% - Builds a sales pipeline by developing, nurturing and maintaining client, alliance partner sales force and new business relationships, and executing demand generation activities.
- 10% - Performs necessary sales administration to make sure that all parties are kept up to date on sales activities. Includes participating in weekly and periodic Go-To Market team meetings and keeping sales reporting tools up to date.
- Bachelor\'s degree in business, sales or marketing, or information services; advanced degree in business or marketing desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years in sales and/or marketing.
- Excellent business development skills in business-to-business technology sales with the ability to effectively direct business development tasks in order to maximize revenues and profits. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Must work collaboratively with Service Delivery personnel.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience in selling to Fortune 2000 customers desired
- Experience with the SAP ERP/Supply Chain applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Visio