OurLicensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensivepsychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under thesupervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes andreceives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program services asassigned.
Day and Night shift openings
Whatyou bring to the table
Education forLicensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school
Experience forLicensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred
Licenses/Certifications forLicensed Practical Nurse:
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity arrangements with other states
Whatyou will do
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders; human growth and development, principles of psychiatric rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing services and related policy and procedures including adequate knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards as related to position. Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
- Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LPN, Contract, Travel, Permanent, FT, Licensed Practical Nurse