Job Title: FH - Registered Nurse
Department: FH - OR (Periop)
Reports To: FH - Director of Surgical Services
Coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates in patient and family teaching. Demonstrates leadership abilities by working cooperatively with nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing in the surgical setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Practices according to entity mandatory requirements.
2. Practices according to department expectations.
3. Practices with a Customer Service approach to all activities.
4. Cares for patients utilizing the nursing process.
5. Provides care as part of the interdisciplinary team.
6. Utilizes internal and external resources.
7. Provides effective patient/family teaching.
8. Documents according to entity/department guidelines.
9. Administers medications safely.
10. Provides care according to best practice standards of care in nursing.
11. Identifies signs and symptoms of neglect/abuse and reports as required by law.
12. Cares for terminally ill patient and family.
13. Manages the patient with pain.
14. Utilizes chemical and physical restraints as per policy.
15. Utilizes techniques of time management effectively.
16. Provides care respective of patient's advance directives.
17. Maintains appropriate licenses, certifications, registrations required to perform duties of their designated role/position.
18. Addresses age-specific needs of infants, toddlers, school age, adolescents, adults, older adults.
19. Assists Anesthesiologist per protocol.
20. Performs cardiovascular assessment.
21. Performs neurological assessment.
22. Provides care for patient receiving epidural anesthesia.
23. Demonstrates knowledge of anesthesia agents and adjuncts (central nerve blocks/conductive blocks, and regional anesthesia/local blocks).
24. Takes measures to provide thermoregulation and intervenes appropriately when identifying malignant hyperthermia.
25. Manages patients with intravenous therapy.
26. Demonstrates knowledge and skill in hemodynamic monitoring of patient
27. Performs pre-op assessments.
28. Provides care for patient requiring intubations and mechanical ventilation
29. Uses Meditech appropriately and accurately.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Falmouth Hospital’s commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License.
• Current BLS certification.
Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN)- Full-time (Permanent)