Supply Chain Manufacturing Quality Engineer Location: Rochester, NY
Full Time only
100,000 - 200,000
- Support the PCB/Flex Commodity Teams by regularly providing supplier performance data and suggestions for improvement and provide end-to-end visibility of the entire supply chain utilizing Quality Engineering principles.
- Monitor supplier performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
- Manage the supply chain to reduce variability, increase reliability and on-time delivery, provide end-to-end visibility of the entire supply chain
- Focus on problem prevention, supplier quality control, continuous improvement, data collection and reporting, along with Supplier Corrective and Preventative Action related to material quality issues.
- Facilitate Part/Process Qualification by suppliers.
- Create First Article Acceptance Plans and methods
- Manage material Inspection Plans and methods on production material
- Work with engineering, suppliers, and manufacturing to ensure a smooth transition from concept to prototype to production on materials for new products.
- Support domestic and global out-source activities as business dictates
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) team by assisting with the identification and evaluation of suppliers.
- Perform Bill of Material reviews and develop mitigation plans that reduce the likelihood of quality or delivery issues.
BS degree (Engineering or STEM) and 6+ years of relevant Quality experience OR an Advanced degree and 4+ yrs of relevant Quality experience
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Communications (RF) Product experience is a plus.
- Experience with supplier evaluation and qualification.
- Experience in statistical process control, Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Measurement System Analysis, Process Capability Studies, Corrective & Preventive Action, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Risk Analysis experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Experience within PCB/Flex fabrication is a plus