HCA Midwest Health & Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute are in search of a Hematology & Oncology Division Medical Director and administrative physician leader to provide clinical leadership of the service line. This role is a senior level, executive position that provides administrative supervision and leadership for oncology services in the Kansas City division, including advising on policies and procedures, supervising clinicians and other medical professionals in the Midwest Oncology Associates group. This oncology group consists of 13 Oncologists, 4 Gyn Oncologists and 12 Advanced Practice Providers.
* Administrative leadership and guidance for division initiatives in a manner that builds capacity, accelerates care and fosters service line growth
* Maintain high standards of professional services to ensure the program meets all hospital and regulatory standards
* Proven role as a peer leader and motivator to achieve the highest level of care
* Leads business development initiatives to foster a culture of growth with the ability to assess current market and implement strategic policies and processes
* Understanding of corporate structure and the willingness and capacity to work with various team members to achieve goals
* Position is approximately 40-50 percent administrative with remaining commitment devoted to clinical duties
* Board certified in Hematology & Oncology
* 5+ years of clinical experience in an academic setting, single or multi-specialty group
* Excellent clinical skills and work history
* Leadership experience preferred in either physician practice, service line, and/or program leadership with the ability to build a high functioning team
* MBA/MHA/MMM encouraged
* Incentive based financial package
* Full health insurance package
* Occurrence based malpractice coverage
* Paid time off and time for CME
* Generous 401k match
* Pre-employment expenses paid
About the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute:
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network of hospitals and physicians that bring together the latest in cancer treatment, technology, and comprehensive services close to home, providing patients throughout our region with a new level of care and support as they face cancer. Through Sarah Cannon's network, patients have access to a team of trusted local physicians, clinical trials and global cancer resources that expand the reach of one single cancer center. Our physicians are board-certified in medical oncology, radiation oncology and subspecialties such as gynecologic oncology and surgery. Our nursing and health staff is comprised of skilled, experienced cancer practitioners.
About HCA Midwest Health:
* Multiple care sites including seven hospitals, outpatient centers, clinics, physician practices, surgery centers.
* An array of other services to meet the healthcare needs of the greater Kansas City area.
* One of the area's largest private sector employers with more than 9,000 employees.
* The largest provider of charity and uncompensated care.
* Donor of more than $1.2 million to local charities each year.
* Since April 2003, HCA Midwest Health has invested more than $845 million to enhance and expand patient services in KC. We've also paid more than $216 million in taxes to local communities.
* HCA Midwest Health facilities serving the Kansas City area include: Belton Regional Medical Center; Centerpoint Medical Center; Lafayette Regional Health Center; Lee's Summit Medical Center; Menorah Medical Center; Overland Park Regional Medical Center; Research Medical Center; and Research Psychiatric Center.
About Kansas City
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more.
* Home of Super Bowl Champions-Kansas City Chiefs, Sporting KC, and the Kansas City Royals.
Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work. Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. Please contact Allegra Lowell, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com. Inquiries via text/phone, please call Allegra Lowell at 913-232-6645. All inquiries are confidential.