Night shift, 10+ hr/shift, rotate weekends
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for a given population based upon age specific and cultural needs. This is done in a collaborative multidisciplinary approach embracing quality and safety and providing physical and psychological support along the healthcare continuum. Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not restrict the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities with and without notice
• Uses critical thinking and nursing judgements to analyze assessment data to
make independent nursing decisions and formulate nursing diagnoses.
• Based on assessments and analysis of data, the RN formulates, modifies,
and prioritizes strategies to meet the patient’s goals.
• Assigns nursing activities to other RN’s, and delegates activities to LPN’s
within their scope of practice and UAP’s within their competency.
• The RN supervises, monitors, and evaluates the care of delegated tasks.
• Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with
potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals;
teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications,
and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Assures quality of care by measuring health outcomes against patient care
goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments;
following hospital philosophies and standards of care set by Arizona State
Board of Nursing, and other governing agency regulations.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department
• Contributes to the maintenance of a safe working environment and the
employee’s own personal safety.
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes action to maintain a safe environment
• Adheres to Life Safety Codes, MSDS, Infection Control, and all other
regulatory and hospital policies.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing Life Talent
assignments, maintaining professional certifications and licensure
• Promotes cooperative relationships among health care teams by
communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport;
participating in team problem-solving methods.