Client Health Services provides health care within three jails located throughout Miami-Dade County. Recognized as one of the largest systems of correctional facilities in the United States, it houses an average of approximately 5,000 inmates per day. Client provides the inmates in these facilities with medical, mental health, dental, pharmacy, emergency and educational services.
The role of CHS Attending Psychiatrist is to
- Provide the Behavioral Health management as assigned to patients in a correctional setting.
- Maintains effective lines of communications with the medical staff, nursing, social work, management, and correctional staff and coordinates development, implementation and evaluation of standards of patient care.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for patients of varying behavioral health levels throughout the correctional sites.
- Evaluations will assess clinical needs and continued need for behavioral health level of care as delineated by Protocol, Policy and Procedure.Initiates involuntary hospitalizations via Professional Certificate, and petitions and Marchman Act Petitions.
- Performs behavioral health assessments.Assesses, consults and treats medical co-morbidities in conjunction with Medical Provider Team.
- Serves as first responder with BLS skill to any medical emergency in the Behavioral Health units.
- Initiates emergency medication orders/restraint/seclusion in accordance with CHS policy and state law.
- Doctorate degree in Medicine is required.ExperienceGenerally requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- License/CertificationValid Florida Medical License, DEA board certification requiredBoard certification or eligible based on specialty area.
- Other specialty certifications related to specialty are a plus.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
- Providers certification with at least 6 months validity required.