Reports to the Director. Provides professional nursing services. Assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients.
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. Candidates hired after January 1, 2014 must have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and others.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
- Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.