Senior Engineer – System Allocation and Verification
This position is for an experienced system engineer who can help a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and Subsystems.
What You’ll Do
- Provide systems engineering support of technical teams to develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Maintain the DOOR’s framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels through all mission phases.
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program’s lead verification engineer.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Minimum 5 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure, etc) or equivalent – a subject matter expert with this tool.
- Demonstrated ability to review effective and verifiable requirements – detailed oriented.
- Experience (either direct or course work) in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Customer Relationships: basic knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.