Design Team Specialties
- Design research and design thinking strategy/facilitation
- User experience design (web + mobile)
- User interface and graphic design (web, mobile, and marketing)
- Front-end development/implementation of design
- Content design and marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- WordPress CMS
- SiteExecutive CMS
- SiteCore CMS
- Paper and pen
Design Specialist Requirements
- Maintains a strong portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for web and mobile
- Knows the entire Adobe Creative Suite well, with excellence in one or more program
- Is comfortable working with Sketch or a similar prototyping program
- Has worked on several multi-person projects, with developers and project managers, and is familiar with the concept of â??the whole is greater than the sum of its partsâ??
- Is comfortable applying design principles to technical projects
- Has worked on multi-stakeholder projects, applying a user-centered approach to gathering insights and requirements and applying them successfully to user interface designs
- Possesses a working knowledge of front-end languages or a willingness to learn them
- Has used a content management system before to manage web content
- Has experience with designing to fit existing branding/styles while creatively applying those styles to existing software applications
- Bonus: Has design experience with data visualizations
Responsibilities of this Position
The responsibilities of the Design Specialist
- Visual and User Experience Design include design research, user experience design, and user interface design for enterprise and healthcare applications.
- The Design Specialist should be skilled in visual (graphic) design with a track record of applying a design research and user-centered design process to multi-stakeholder projects.
- A successful candidate should grasp the complexities of healthcare and higher education design requirements quickly while balancing the needs of end users.
- Design team members provide expertise in design research, content, marketing, user experience, visual design, and front-end development. The team is looking for a talented individual with specific expertise that compliments these competencies. This individual must also be willing to learn and participate in existing team competencies.