Mechanical Engineer - Loc: Pawcatuck, CT,
- Manages resources and assignments, drives the team on a daily basis
- Enforces engineering disciplines, processes and procedures
- Work on optimization of manufacturing process & design and modify fixtures – identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
- Complete time studies for continuous improvement.
- Analyze, organize, implement and maintain production process flow of existing processes.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment·
- Develop best practices, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods for assembly, fabrication and cutting departments. Train employees in these methods.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing systems – investigate operational problems affecting production and recommend solutions
- Update or write manufacturing work instructions, workmanship standards and process documents for existing or new assemblies and fabrication using processes in place. Ensure they are followed and work closely with the Quality Department.
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions, workmanship standards (which means to present the requirements for quality and consistency in the clearest practical manner) and process procedures.
- Prepare quotations for labor, tooling and equipment•Develop weld and assembly jigs and fixturing.
- Develop schedules for assembly, fabrication and cutting departments.
- Lead Kaizen events in various manufacturing areas.•Expert with LEAN concepts and operations.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Research and develop project cost.
- Support estimating department with daily requests.
- Write capital expenditure requests and justification.
- Support Engineering Order process meetings and implementation through Manufacturing Change Order Process.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements and workflow.
- Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.· Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.· Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Support production supply requirements (supplies, tools, tool repair, etc.).
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Work closely with Production Manager and supervisors to support the goals of the company.
- Will apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential. Identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks, and recommend risk-mitigation
- Work independently, under general guidelines set
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or method.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.