Position: Program Manager Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Managers Note: Plastic Injection Molding Automotive Area - on the order of a Mechanical Engineer
- The Program Manager is responsible for acting as liaison between the production and the customer to ensure that required information for APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), timing, specifications and cost are met.
- Manage assigned programs/ customers from tool kick-off through life of Program Daily communication with Customers to resolve technical issues related to part and tool designs, open issues,
- Ownership of timing with Internal follow-up to ensure delivery commitments and customer requirements are met to include: daily review of DLR, ensuring tool progress is tracking on time through all manufacturing phases, daily PM task updates and Milestone Updates
- Schedule and obtain phased design approvals with customer Schedule and attend tool tryouts and issue work orders to shop through tool de-bugging stage identify all issues noticed at tryouts so they can be addressed first time around even if customer did not see/identify as an issue from the outset
- Complete Tool Completion List (including scorecard)
- Manage tool budget weekly review of budgets on all active tools ensure tools are within budget
- Quote engineering changes, obtain POs and kick-off of changes
- Attend monthly PM meetings to review the PM KPIs and report out on Tool Budgets
- Attend weekly Production Meetings Demonstrates knowledge on the customer, the commodity, and the specific job
- Follows, adjusts, and helps maintain accurate and effective schedule Is widely seen as trusted and operates with integrity. Treats others with respect.
- Has the ability to plan ahead, set and communicate team objectives.
- Strives to improve employee morale. Actively encourages teamwork and collaboration with all members of the team.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with all team members.
- Responsible to work effectively with a variety of people to lead projects to fruition.
- Demonstrates developed problem solving skills including soliciting input from team members.
- Possess a complete & comprehensive knowledge of Epicor as it pertains to the financial, schedule tracking & reporting requirements.
Job Requirements (education/experience)
- 7-10 years in a Program Management or Engineering Leader capacity Experienced in two shot rotary tools
- 5-7 years of experience in designing or leading lighting tools
- Excellent time management skills Ability to delegate tasks and direct others appropriately Accountable, takes ownership and responsibility for their work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills verbal and electronic. Promote and facilitate positive communication and support management decision with and between all employees and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills Be timely, responsive and demonstrate problem-solving capability
- Ability to train and develop employees Attention to detail
- Able to multitask efficiently Possess sound financial and business insights.
- Consistently demonstrated leadership capabilities. Be a team player, team leader and a positive force.
- Trustworthy Developed conflict management skills
- Ability to work well with others Engineering and / or Mold Making experience
- Possess a valid Passport with no restrictions on travel & able to legally work in the United States (Client will sponsor work visa as required).
- To work flexible hours and be available to customers and shop on off hours Ability to operate/navigate part design using CAD design software Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint software. Self-motivated Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Shall be accessible to the team and other departments as required to solve problems and impart information.
- Utilize the \"ABC\" decision making process Ensure performance of any other reasonable request from management.