Position Summary: Role requires an engaged, organized, and a self-starter-type individual with strong data analytics, cleansing and migration skills. This individual will be responsible for supporting the client Data Workstream and Business Solution Integration leads. This is a cross functional SAP data role which provides data cleansing, data migration, solution testing, data cutover support.
- Acquire data from various systems within the business to build complete views of the customer base
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reporting
- Filter and cleanse data based on analytical review and data health indicators
- Responsible for delivery of data required for ongoing cross functional data projects
- Work with manager to explore opportunities to provide data insight and appropriately build new reporting procedures
- Undertake data analytics focused on a view of customer retention, acquisition with the purpose of delivering a best in class customer experience
- Responsible for working with Business data lead and SAP technical migration lead to develop a data cleansing and migration strategy, execute data cleansing and migration project activities, and perform data conversion during mock conversions, cutover, and go-live phases.
- Support Client data workstream in developing a data governance strategy that includes business metadata definition, data quality measures, and data controls definition.
- Leverage SAP data migration methodologies and migration tools to execute data migration activities for data extraction, transformation to SAP S/4HANA target, load and validation activities.
- Bring a business lens to the data workstream required to understand the nature of legacy data elements.
- Standardize and simplify Reliance data definitions and content to migrate into an SAP S/4HANA master and transactional data schema.
- Ensure the data elements being migrated supports the user journey within SAP roles and across Reliance business functions.
- Create processes for Data Life Cycle management so that Reliance can continue data discipline in an SAP production landscape.
- Responsible for the management of the data migration task lists and update the plan with the latest estimates to complete.
- Monitor and report on key data cleansing and migration metrics to the Business data lead and SAP Technical migration lead in a business professional manner.
- Ensure execution of data cleansing and migration tasks as per project plan and escalate when there are risk, issues, or decisions identified.
- Ensure data issues are remediated and completed on-time to be measured via volume and quality yields.
- Manage dependencies between the project milestone dates and data migration project due dates.
- Support business data lead in setting up appropriate SAP master and operational data governance.
- Support in building and executing on mock conversion and cutover plans.
Ideal candidates possess the following educational background and skill set:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or business required
- 2 - 3 years experience in SAP implementations and operating SAP in a production environment focused on data cleansing / data migration / and post go-live master data management
- Ideally worked on at least 1 SAP S/4HANA or SAP ECC implementation in the role of a data cleansing &/or data conversion analyst within the past 5 years.
- Past experience with CIS billing systems and Financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics SL) would be an asset.
- SAP project implementation experience ideally with the following tools: SQL, SAP S/4HANA or SAP ECC data conversion, Python, Power BI / Tableau, JIRA, SAP HANA architecture, HANA Modeling, HANA data provisioning, HANA views (Attribute, Analytic, & Calculation views), SLT (SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server), SAP Data Services.
- Ability to work with data within structured and unstructured databases, reporting tools, Excel files, flat files as well as experience analyzing data sets or data results.
- Exposure and understanding to SAP ETL practices in migrating data from a legacy environment into an SAP greenfield for SAP modules including but not limited to FICO, SD, MM, EAM.
- Individual must have business acumen and an ability to deal with ambiguity within data sets.
- Excellent problem-solving and root cause identification skills are required, coupled with a strong business orientation and general pragmatism.
- Good interpersonal skills are required and the ability to relate well throughout the organization is a necessity.
- Ability to set and achieve goals, with strong follow-through
- Analytical thinker, flexible, resilient and resourceful, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Forward thinking and able to foresee consequences of actions, recognizing risks and opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint).