Power BI Developer
Location : Rosemont, IL
- The Power BI Developer collaborates with business, functional and technical teams, crafting report enhancements and modifications to the companies Business Intelligence dashboards.
- This includes the development and delivery of BI dashboards built on proven standards that result in high performing and scalable design.
- The Power BI Developer performs hands-on development, testing and implementation in addition to continuous improvements to deliver increased operational efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with business leaders and BI team to evaluate business requirements and provide recommendations on appropriate visuals and design for dashboards.
- Design and develop dashboards and reports using Power BI tool.
- Work with complex Data modeling and design patterns for BI/Analytics reporting requirements.
- Publish BI reports to Power BI service and establish gateway refresh schedules.
- Ensure projects meet business requirements and goals and fulfills end-user requirements.
- Identify and resolve issues related to deployed reports.
- Responsible for technical standards, design, development, configuration and testing of BI reports and dashboards.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle as well as both waterfall and agile development methodologies.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management/Computer Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 3+ years of hands-on experience developing Microsoft Power BI Dashboards
- Experience with complex DAX functions and SQL queries is required.
- Experience with Data analysis. Data modeling and data presentation (reports, charts, visualizations and customizations) is required.
- Experience with BI technologies a plus (e.g. Microsoft Power BI premium, Power View, Power Query)