What do you get to do in this position?
The Strategic Technology Incubation team within the companies Chief Technology Office is responsible for researching, developing, promoting, and accelerating selected emerging technology solutions for our internal corporate and business unit clients. Services the team provides include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing the maturity of strategic technologies
- Incubating new platforms to address key customer journey pain points
- Advising executive leadership on vendor offers and technology trends
- Conducting market research and targeted technology watch
The Software Engineer is a critical role that is expected to build out the minimum viable product versions of our incubating Strategic Technology platforms. These platforms include, but are not limited to conversation user interfaces, machine learning, and enterprise knowledge graphs.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with some experience in developing scalable data platforms. They must have firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to design, build, and test robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment.
This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and behavior/test-driven development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, architect, and build new IT Enterprise platforms to enable innovative business solutions
- Creation of software prototypes and minimum viable products
- Become subject matter expert on strategic technology trends
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Collaborate closely with customer representatives, data engineers, data scientists, and other software engineers.
- Continuous learning on technology developments and trends
- Educate stakeholders on technology developments and trends
- Build communities of practice around new platforms being incubated.
This job might be for you if:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent related degree.
- Technical programming experience (i.e. C, C++, Python, Java, etc.).
- Experience with configuration management technologies (e.g. Git)
- Curiosity about emerging technologies and willingness to experiment.
- Interested in building scalable platforms that enable new technology and business capabilities.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with development and integration of REST API's.
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to rest of the team and executives.
- Passionate about bringing new and emerging technologies to mainstream for your customers.
- Team player willing to step up and help out the team.
- Outstanding leadership with a customer service oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, multi-task, work under pressure, and deliver results.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience & understanding of the complexity of working in an global project team.
- Ability to identify issues/risk, analyze and understand underlying causes and devise appropriate action plans.
- Exercises good judgment regarding when and how to escalate issues.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Test software development methodology in an Agile environment.