The Scientific Informatics group at ABCsupports R&D activities at the Client Bioresearch Center which focuses onimmunology and biologics therapeutic development. We are looking for anexceptional Full Stack and/or Back End Web Developer that would like tocontribute to our mission and join a team of software engineers building anovel web-based platform to streamline and strengthen the therapeutic discoverypipeline. This position offers the opportunity to work with a cross functionalteam of talented informatics scientists and software engineers. Our team istasked with shaping and executing scientific data/knowledge acquisition,management and analysis in the support of discovery and development programs.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious as well as highlycollaborative and engaged. The ability to work within an agile softwaredevelopment group, adapt to a rapidly evolving platform, and follow instructionis a must. The candidate must have excellent attention to detail and theability to quickly deliver upon project timelines. Exposure to a relevantscientific computing domain such as bioinformatics or cheminformatics ishelpful, but not required. A successful candidate will be someone who seeks toaccelerate drug development using innovative informatics approaches and gainsultimate satisfaction in making a difference in patients’ lives.
- Must work well with a small, fast-paced team
- Readily adapts to quickly changing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow direction and deliver on time
- Must be able to learn and adapt new technologies quickly
- Familiarity With:
- Agile software development paradigms
- Experience writing tests in a test-driven-development (TDD) environment
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices (CI/CD pipelines, Code Analysis)
- Experience with version control, Git strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming principles
- Proven ability developing data-intensive applications
- Experience with Python 3.6+
- Good understanding of web application frameworks such as Flask and Quart
- Experience with object-relational mappers (ORMs). Prior experience withSQLAlchemy is strongly preferred
- Writing and executing unit tests with a testing framework (e.g. PyTest)
- Deployment of web applications, preferably with uWsgi and Nginx applicationservers
Requireds a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 8 years ofexperience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standardconcepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.