Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Edwards Air Force Base, CA
- Maintain existing systems on Oracle, Dell, and other platforms, providing support for hardware, OS, applications, and storage.
- Ensures all supported systems are maintained at the required security compliance levels for patches, vulnerability mitigations, and OS configurations under the configuration baseline standards.
- Works closely with software engineers to ensure drivers for special purpose hardware are tested and validated with new hardware and OS platforms.
- Performs system configuration and integration testing of new platforms, ensuring Linux kernels are optimized for real-time processing requirements.
- Develops and maintains all documentation (including baseline configurations, as well as Work Instructions/Processes) in support of systems to ensure continuity of support and compliance within the configuration management process.
- Associate\'s degree in technology related field with 5 years of related work experience; 8 years of work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Bachelor\'s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of related work experience designing, developing, and performing Linux system administration duties.
- Experience performing systems administration tasks on RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, as well as derivative distributions on various vendor hardware platforms.
- Experience performing systems administration tasks on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012 platforms on various vendor hardware platforms.
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP. Knowledge of Cisco switches and routers.
- Able to analyze data, resolve problems and make decisions independently, as well as work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government issued Secret Clearance.
- Experience administering an LDAP authentication environment.
- Experience with various enterprise hardware platforms: Oracle servers, Dell servers and workstations, SuperMicro servers, BOXX computers, etc.
- Experience maintaining SVN code repositories.