Structural Project Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Client is currently looking for an ambitious Structural Engineer/Project Manager(SE/PM) to join its talented industrial infrastructure structural team. The SE/PM will focus on execution of multi-disciplinary engineering projects for industrial and institutional clients. The SE/PM will be engaged in project scope development, fee estimating, project planning, and resource planning. The SE/PM should have experience supervising younger staff and be capable of providing guidance and mentoring to staff.
- The SE/PM is responsible for coordinating structural work with other disciplines within multi-disciplinary project execution, overseeing the structural design of projects and developing technical specifications.
- The SE/PM also is responsible for and oversees the technical work of one or more staff engineers, delegates work appropriately to staff, and is highly involved in the QA and QC of project work.
- Additionally, the SE/PM acts as the liaison between or as the overall Project Manager relaying all important and relevant project information in an effective manner to the Client, other disciplines or sub-consultants.
- The SE/PM will often accompany the Project Manager on site visits and client meetings, and participates in proposal writing (RFPs), setting up project scopes, defining deliverables, monitoring schedules and budget costs.
- The Structural Engineer will provide recommendations and feedback to clients regularly.
- BS (min) and MS (preferred) in Civil Engineering (Focused on Structures)
- 10-??15 Years experienced in the design of concrete and steel structures, preparation of design calculations, construction documents, specifications and cost estimates. Projects include new structures and rehabilitation or repair of structures.
- Professional Engineering License is required. Structural Engineering License in Illinois is preferred.
- Proven experience in working on multiple projects concurrently
- Monitor and adhere to budgets and schedules
- Coordination with other disciplines to complete projects
- Working familiarity with 3D FEM software, CSI SAP 2000(preferred)
- Ability to work in Autodesk AutoCAD (required), Bentley Microstation (required), Autodesk Revit (preferred).