Product Quality Manager
Location: Maynard, MA
The SMQE will lead the improvement of repair processes, converting failure information into useful data, and leading technical teams through improvement efforts utilizing methods such as Failure Review Boards (FRB), Lean, and Six Sigma. The SMQE will also lead a small team of three to ten people, ensuring that the team they lead executes against the overall business objectives, achieves business and quality targets, and implements quality practices and techniques.
The individual must have a strong technical background in telecommunications with a proven track record of being able to interact with Engineering resources to influence design outcomes and lead technical reviews such as Failure Review Boards (FRB). Expertise in an optical communications design environment is a plus. Must have excellent interaction skill and the ability to team internally and externally to Quality. The candidate must be self-motivated and have good communication skills and be able to manage teams performing multiple tasks on complex products.
The SMQE may perform other duties as required, including representing the Quality and Reliability teams in Engineering Core Teams in conjunction with Concurrent Engineering efforts.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education And Certifications
- BS in Engineering in a related field (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Test, Reliability, or Optical Engineering).
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications design and/or manufacturing industry.
- At least 7 yearsâ?? Quality Management experience in a telecommunications design and manufacturing environment in a supervisory position. Quality Repair management experience a plus.
- At least 4 yearsâ?? experience in an Engineering Role as either a Engineering Project Manager, Engineering Department Manager, or Design Engineer.
- Proven track record of designing, deploying and managing complex business processes in a Telecommunications Engineering environment including Engineering Life Cycle Models, design processes, business processes, and customer support processes.
- Proven track record of managing Repair practices and procedures from a Quality perspective.
- Proven track record of taking repair information and failure trends, converting the information into data, and leading Failure Review Boards of a technical nature for issue resolution.
- Proven track record of managing Quality Processes, Project Management, and Quality Management Systems
- Proven track record of implementing, growing, sustaining, auditing, and managing Quality Systems in a Telecommunications Engineering Environment, TL9000 experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to team with other technical resources within Quality to resolve technical challenges a plus (Manufacturing, Test, Software, SQE, Reliability, Verification)
- Ability to perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously.
- RABQSA Certified AMS Lead Auditor for ISO9001, TL9000 certification preferred.
- ASQ or Equivalent Certification as a Manager of Quality.
- Six Sigma certified to the Green Belt Level, Black Belt preferred. Lean equivalent certification is acceptable.
- Ability to analyze technical data using common analysis tools and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in common business applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel