Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for developing and delivering the analysis and reporting necessary to provide actionable information to the Senior Management, commercial team, customers, and owners. This positions primary responsibility is supporting organizational effectiveness by providing a single source for commercial reporting and overall business performance analytics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather, interpret and present data in areas such as pricing, customer information, budgets, performance metrics, benchmarking and organizational goals
- Participate in the identification and validation of data promoted into the data warehouse Design, code, test, and aggregate results from SQL queries to provide information to users
- Extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to be used by business leaders
- Work with traders to understand key deals and resulting P/L reporting
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate, and document data requirements that may result in changes to business processes, policies, and systems
- Coordinate, organize, and advise organization regarding improvements for the business
- Research and gather market information as needed
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Prepare written documentation of procedures, processes and/or project work as needed
- Gain familiarity with all key areas of client??s operations, including: Structuring, Trading, Scheduling, Risk Management, Contracts, IT and Accounting
- Develop an in-depth understanding of proprietary information system interfaces and workflows
- Willingness to work long hours as necessary to get the job completed on time and at the highest level of quality
- Reliable, dependable and predictable attendance is required
- Self-Starter - The Business Intelligence Analyst can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy and has the desire to continuously develop and improve both personally and professionally. The Business Intelligence Analyst works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
- Customer Focus - The Business Intelligence Analyst will maintain a customer focus by understanding the customers viewpoint. He/she is viewed as a business partner by customers, and anticipates customer needs to ensure there are no barriers to doing business.
- Uses Effective Communication Skills -The Business Intelligence Analyst uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear and concise in communication. He/she effectively matches style, tone and delivery method of the intended audience.
- Displays Leadership/Team Orientation - The Business Intelligence Analyst displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organizations success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond his/her area of expertise.
- Technical Skills - The Business Intelligence Analyst holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to stay ahead of technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- Bachelors Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Economics, Finance