Digital Engagement Manager
Location: San Antonio, TX
Client Digital team is seeking an experienced Manager of Digital Engagement to join our growing social team. As Manager, you will be responsible for the social media content plan, distribution strategy and channel management of all client franchises, with a focus on engaging and growing audiences across all our social platforms.
To be successful, you will collaborate and partner with both internal and external parties to drive overall digital goals and objectives.
- Ideal candidates are energetic leaders, superb communicators, posses a deep understanding of how people consume and engage with social content, love data and are constantly curious about the next emerging trend.
- Craft and implement an innovative social media strategy and a unique voice for all platforms and brands in the client family to engage our passionate global audience.
- Plan long-term content vision and unique distribution strategy for all major social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Monitor and assess content/channel performance analytics, report progress to goals and critical metrics to leadership team, and recommend solutions or new types of content based on previous performance.
- Work with entire digital team to develop timely content relevant to current trends in social media and pop culture.
- Collaborate with the partnership team to create engaging and valuable sponsorship inventory and develop new brand integration opportunities.
- Monitor best practices and trends in organic and branded social media, effectively communicate relevant news and opportunities to internal teams.
- Align all decisions with client Corporate Values and Service Mantra.
- Oversee and develop full-time staff that are responsible for communicating with fans, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor fan sentiment.
- Support game coverage where applicable while maximizing team staffing resources.
- Serve as a key member of digital department leadership to guide the long-term communication strategy for our brands.
- Bachelorâ??s Degree and 5+ years working in social and digital media.
- Minimum of 2 years staff leadership experience.
- Deep understanding of major and emerging social channels.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital communications landscape including content development and distribution, influencer marketing, user-generated content, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- Must illustrate proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of digital content, and can justify content roadmap or certain content initiatives by building a case through data.
- A strong sense of current events, pop culture, social trends and memes, particularly as they relate to the regional market, and qualities that tie-in well with the Spurs brand.
- Excellent writing, storytelling, and creative content development abilities.
- Team-oriented attitude, receptive to constructive feedback from multiple sources.
- Advanced knowledge of social analytics platforms; experience with TrackMaven, and like platforms a plus.
- Prior knowledge of paid social media advertising a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive with strong project management skills. Can effectively manage resources and prioritize tasks. Competent solutions-oriented thinker and problem-solver.
- Track record of hiring, supervising, training and developing high-performing social media staff.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required. Experience in presenting ideas and performance to large groups.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for sports and experience working in a sports environment strongly preferred.