Application (Java Full Stack) Systems Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC or Minneapolis, MN
- Analyzing complex shared services platform technical and business requirements leading to effective design, implementation and deployment.
- Actively developing in addition to providing technical leadership to less experienced team members through technical analysis, design, construction and deployment of platform services.
- Actively participating in the daily development activities as a member of the development team.
- Actively participating in the development of design documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists, software engineering best practices and How-to guides for developers.
- Working with Systems Test to insure effective testing of all services prior to release.
- Partnering with Systems Integration Testing and the migration of platform services and applications to production.
- Designing, analyzing, and remediation of performance tests.
- Helping to assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees project and release to production.
- Researching and tracking new web technologies, developing service applications, and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Participating in overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Helping assure that quality, security and compliance requirements are met for all services, as well as, overseeing creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Desired Qualifications
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with Application Patterns, Web and J2EE centric design patterns
- 5+ years expert level knowledge of MVC frameworks specifically Spring.
- Experience with Oracle database development and administration including the use of Oracle tools.
- Database query design and optimization.
- Strong experience using the Wells Fargo development ecosystem of applications (JIRA, ALM, GitHub, uDeploy, Jenkins, Artifactory, Anthil, Eclipse, Tealeaf, Confluence, etc)
- Ability to help define the technical direction of the Team within Enterprise Architectural guidelines and execute delivery within those constraints.
- Experience with both Agile and more traditional SDLC approaches with willingness to support either approach as directed by the project at hand.
- Experienced in continuous integration tools and methodologies.
- Prior experience with application profiling and performance tuning of highly scalable and available systems.
- Strong knowledge of how to monitor applications to ensure 24x7 uptime.
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical groups easily.
- Good leadership skills, should have demonstrated ability to mentor developers
- Practical experience in the application management ecosystem of applications (TRIMS, LDRPS, WAM, PAC2000, SD Elements, Everbridge, etc).
- Technical leadership through hands-on design, development, and deployment
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Adobe AEM.