Sensors are the bedrock of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the Digital Transformation of Physical Industries as they provide the interface between the physical and digital worlds. As Digital transforms nearly every walk of life from the smart home to connected and autonomous devices to safer and more productive employees, sensors innovation will greatly impact the economic and societal impact of the IoT. Client is seeking candidates to research the future of sensors to help clients grow their businesses. Clients include multi-national electronics, materials, and consumer goods companies in addition to investor and government groups.
Analysts spend their time speaking with innovative technology developers and clients, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to help clients make informed decisions. An analyst will be exposed to a wide range of technologies including MEMS, smart textiles, and mobile devices to develop research like technology roadmaps, market sizes, and supply chain dynamics.
The Analyst In This Role Will
- Be recognized as a leading expert on the progress and impact of sensor innovation, including their components, embedded systems, IoT application enablement, IoT devices, connectivity, and others.
- Bring and further build an exceptional network of contacts active in sensor technologies.
- Be skilled at visualizing the impact and assessing the market potential of innovative new technologies and business models.
- Be well-versed in crafting corporate strategy for managing emerging technologies and their implications.
- Grasp the impact of policy, subsidies, and other regulatory factors on technology adoption and impact.
- Develop new concepts, big ideas, and analytical frameworks to help clients and colleagues understand the shifting sensor landscape and the business opportunities it creates.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Understand client business needs to develop and deliver high-value research.
- Help develop and launch new client service offerings.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Coach, mentor, and manage research team members, assisting with team members\' professional development.
- Minimum two years work or postgraduate experience with a background or experience in one or more of the following: computer science, materials science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or biomedical engineering.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies, especially in sensors; including data acquisition, analytics, hardware, and components.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor\'s degree required; Master\'s degree or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean is a plus; Western European or Middle Eastern language skills are also desirable.