Procurement Director Location: Florida, NY
Establish And Maintain The Following Policies/processes
- Stock range policy
- Product return policy
- Reviews and oversees product classification coding (ABC).
- Monitors vendor performance and drives vendor rationalization in the defined geography.
- Ability To Explain And Instruct The Following Purchasing Practices
- Review items for purchase; initiate changes as identified
- Complete understanding of all aspects of purchasing product
- Initiate parameter adjustments as needed in conjunction with leadership and Inventory Manager
- Vendor metrics; negotiating, monitoring and maintaining
- Ability to present and discuss corporate inventory management goals
And Guidelines To Procurement Team And Commercial Leadership
- Inventory goals
- Turns and/or Days investment
- Major vendor changes
Regular communication with commercial leadership using the following methods;
- Conference call
- Web casts
- E-mails/News letters
- On site visits
- Comfortable with all aspects of vendor relations including;
- Ability to negotiate local and regional programs
- Resolve vendor, rep and/or branch disputes
- Communicate corporate expectations to our vendor partners and programs
- Ability to consistently demonstrate sound judgment in decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal positively with conflict.
- Efficient and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Technical proficiency in Excel, Word, and internet searches.
- Highly productive.
- Customer service focused
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions
Skills, Knowledge, and Education
- Bachelor\'s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related discipline with a minimum of eight + years related experience in the industry, including minimum three to five years in a management capacity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must also have knowledge and proven success in managing inventory and inventory control processes operational processes.