Senior Risk Analyst, Acquisition Strategy
Location:New York City, NY
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for client through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at Client are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
The responsibilities of a Senior Risk Analyst within the Acquisition team are the ideation, design, implementation, and monitoring of credit risk management strategies and capabilities that help us serve the needs of our customers and shareholders. This includes the development of approval and line assignment strategies, marketing optimization, monitoring and continuous improvement of risk strategies.
As a Senior Risk Analyst of Acquisition Strategy at Client, you will:
- Develop / improve marketing segmentation, approval and line assignment strategies and controls across our full suite of products and geographic markets
- Perform analytics on small business data to develop new insights that lead to improved risk management, profitability, and customer experience outcomes
- Develop and interpret reports to monitor risk strategy performance and recommend adjustments
- Design tests to measure potential business enhancements, analyze results, and drive adoption based on strategic impact
- Work collaboratively with Product, Revenue, Finance, and Technology teams to develop and implement new risk management capabilities and refine existing ones
Necessary Qualifications For Success
- Bachelor??s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative fields. Masters degree preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of risk management experience in the financial services industry, preferably in consumer or commercial lending
- Excellent business judgment and risk assessment as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience
- Excellent SQL and analytic programming skills (R, Python, Excel), willingness to work with large data sets and get into the details of business processes
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and financial analysis (segmentation, break-even analysis, NPV estimation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to client??s continued success