Demand and Distribution Planner Location: Alsip, IL
Demand Planning : Develop and execute rolling 24 month demand plan to meet organizational goals
- Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns and business trends.
- Work with customers, sales team, marketing and supply chain management to improve forecast accuracy. Schedule monthly forecast meetings as required.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy. Identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans.
- Develop, analyze data and report KPIs and demand planning metrics, identifying risks and opportunities
- Coordinate with supply planning team as it relates to constraints, upsides and validation of supply plan vs demand plan
- Participate in various meetings as it related to demand planning in the IBP model
Distribution Planning: Ensure the effective management and distribution of stock
- Proactively placing product to cut lead times for customer from order to delivery. Coordinate with logistics and warehousing team to maximize cost efficiencies.
- DRP Data Management: Keeping system data accurate to minimize stock returns, credit notes, re-work, etc.
- Adjustments to demand plan in Demantra to support production planners, ASCP, and DRP in Oracle.
- Coordinate with demand planner to ensure product is supplied to correct regions to support demand plan and sales initiatives, market timing and allocations.
- Slow Moving stock management: Raising awareness of slow moving stock amongst commercial team in order to minimize inventory holding costs.
- Management and communication of exceptions reporting to ensure on time delivery for customer orders. i.e consumption reporting, BTO/MTO, selling
- Demand Control: Identifies and manages issues in short term demand / supply
- Communication of over/under selling to demand plan and facilitating resolutions
- Proactively balancing stock cover to maximize profitability and minimize working capital costs, attend weekly production meetings
- Compare open orders to existing inventory and future demand to identify SKU??s where Demand should be adjusted, work with appropriate Sales Manager to ensure adjustments are made.
- Review and evaluate demand/supply synchronization on a daily basis in order to respond more quickly and proactively to potential demand/supply imbalances
- Back up for Demand Planner
- Customer & Sales Demand Planning Consolidation: Oversee Open Order Management
- Partner with Demand Planner Commercial & Customer Service teams to drive monthly target achievement by converting open orders into sales by providing exception reports from ASCP
- Work with sales on communication of allocations / supply shortages to optimize order management/shipping
- Liaise with supply to understand and communicate production timing to ensure customer excellence on current orders, MTO, BTO etc.
- Attend monthly demand reviews and DMR meetings to understand long term demand strategy and balance with short term requirements
What do you bring?
- Minimum 5 years?? experience in a supply chain planning role
- Bachelors level degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- Strong analytical capability, data management and advanced excel skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, business intelligence software.
- Strong conflict resolutions and team development skills are required