SAP MM/PP Configurator
Location: Apex, NC
Reporting to the SAP Support Services Manager and based in Apex, NC, this position is responsible for the hands-on development of specialized IT application technology, implementation, roll-out, configuration and support for the installed SAP R/3 modules, including staff development and support for new SAP R/3 projects. This position supports the integrated business system requirements in Materials Management and Production Planning for all locations globally as well as other modules and functions such as PM, WM, and PLM.
- Provides support, planning and configuration efforts for the Materials Management and Production Planning functional areas in the SAP business system as well as data migration.
- Defines and plans initiatives for the SAP business system, and provides improvement of the use of technology with a specific area of business.
- Provides a keen understanding and functional knowledge of the Materials Management and Production Planning business requirements, and the integration of all SAP business system modules.
- Supports corporate-sponsored initiatives for specific projects and/or business areas.
- Coordinates new development and enhancements including those requiring ABAP and SAP script.
- Supports application support for bolt-on software products such as interfaced WMS systems and interfaces.
- Coordinates documentation and training updates and maintenance.
- Responsible for analysis, development, testing and implementation of interface systems and data conversion.
- Coordinates supplemental training development and classroom delivery.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor??s degree in technology or business strongly preferred. May consider relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years?? experience in SAP R/3 application implementation and support for SAP R/3 MMPP and related modules.
- Knowledge of SAP application design, development, and implementation with skills required to coordinate said tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in information systems support in an SAP environment with a proven record of accomplishment in the planning, development and implementation of projects on time and budget.
- Experience and knowledge of 3rd party bolt-on systems and interfaces to SAP.
- Knowledge of business processes in areas of manufacturing and procurement.
- Knowledge and exposure to contemporary tools and technologies in the manufacturing area would be a plus.
- Preference to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to support a global organization.