Sr. Specialist - Infrastructure, Governance, Compliance and Tools
Location: Chicago, IL,
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Collaboratively maintains and ensures compliance to an Infrastructure vendor governance framework at the direction of management.
- Works to ensure infrastructure vendor(s) delivers quality work and provides innovative ways to automate and scale client??s infrastructure.
- Works within the team to successfully manage IT controls in the Infrastructure area ensuring compliance and the production of reports monitors and provide analysis and insights on key control Issues.
- Supports the coordination of Project-based work across the Infrastructure teams and infrastructure vendor(s) as well as relationship and continuous improvement projects.
- Independently executes the production of timely & accurate monthly Infrastructure vendor governance reporting tracking financials / financial matrix obligations and manages overall Infrastructure financial remedies / incentives based on contract adherence.
- Participates as a key member of the team that acts as product owner of Infrastructure tools and software such as ServiceNow and Flexera and ensures these tools are appropriate for the needs of client.
- Participates in vendor discussions to clarify roles / responsibilities and defines outcomes as needed.
- Actively adheres to established standards and controls and ensures others (client and vendor personnel) also adhere to these same standards and controls.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
- Develop and implement tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices
- Solid experience developing and adhering to governance frameworks and ensuring others comply as needed.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to organize and plan effectively for short and long-term goals.
- Strong experience in the governance of vendor contracts and ensuring effective execution of those contracts by vendor personnel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and strong ability to understand the entire vendor agreement(s) and the strategies needed to manage them effectively.
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external vendor and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility team and/or matrix environment.
- Ability to continually renew and increase professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks participating in professional societies etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in IT preferably in Infrastructure utilizing an outsourced model and with significant experience working with vendor arrangements.
- Strong experience in managing and governing contracts of IT service providers both on-shore and off-shore and in negotiating successfully with infrastructure vendors
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with internal teams and external vendors in a fast-paced environment. Applicable certifications preferred.